Historic Erie Depot
The Queen Anne style Erie Railroad passenger station was built in 1892 and served as a the city's train station until the 1970s. Today several shops are housed in the old station.
Built in 1850, this building has been called Fowler's Brick Building, Delaware Hall, the Wickham Building and Hubbard Building. In November 1850, the Tri-States Union began printing from the building. In June of 1854, artists Salmon Wheat Corwin and Joseph Whiting Stock had a studio in the building for a short time before moving to Lockwood’s Hall on Pike Street. The building was later home to Markovits Brothers Foodmart. Today the building is being renovated and rebranded the RH Smith Mercantile by its owners, who will open gallery space artists studios and a custom motorcycle shop.
Front Street Buildings
This row of buildings on Front Street, each over 100 years old housed important shops throughout their history. The building on the far left housed Swinton, Van Etten and Company, which produced Quick Time Stoves and later a Sears depatrment store. The building on the far right housed Levin Furniture store. Downtown, today, is seeing a revitlization, with new businesses each year.
The Erie Hotel was built in 1890s. Today, it still operates as a restaurant and hotel. In the summer, check out the tiki bar. Look for events at the adjacent trackside manor. Get a drink and admire the hand-carved bar back from the late 1800's.
11 Fowler Street
On of the many examples of a Second Empire building in Port Jervis, with its mansard roof and dormer windows.
UpFront Gallery is an exhibition space that features artwork of regional artists. UpFront also regularly hosts jazz perfromances through its JazzPort program.
National Bank of Port Jervis
The door of National Bank of Port Jervis, a bank on Sussex and Front Streets opened in the 1920s.
Graeb Point Fountain
This fountain was orginially located at Graeb Point. When the Joseph Kucher Memorial Promenade was built, the fountain was moved to its present location at Sussex and Front Streets.
St. Mary's Church
Founded in 1851, the Parish of the Immaculate Conception, commonly known as Saint Mary’s
Josef Kucher Memorial Promenade
This newly developed square where Front and Jersey Streets used to meet is named for the long-time Port Jervisian and shoe shop owner, who was killed in 2014. Kucher was said to have long predicted that Port Jervis' downtown would come back. Fittingly this new square is home to many of Port Jervis' events including the Chinese New Year festivities, pictured above.
Fox N Hare Brewing Company
In 2015, Sean Donnelly and David Kranz bought the derelict building at 46 Front Street for one dollar and transformed it into the popular brewery and restaurant that it is today.
Graeb Point Hotel
At the location of the former Bauer's Inn, there are plans for a new boutique hotel with a ground-floor restaurant and rooftop bar.